/ Publications & Downloads
/ Requirements For Registration
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
The representation of the People Act Chapter 9 of the Laws of Belize sets the guidelines for Voter Registration
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER
Every person who is
1. Eighteen (18) Years old
2. A citizen of:
- Any Commonwealth Country who has resided in Belize for not less than twelve (12) months
- Any Commonwealth Country who is domiciled in Belize Resident in the Electoral Division not less than 2 months
- Belize Birth Certificate (along with a picture ID or a certification by a justice of the Peace)
- Passport (Belizean or Coomonwealth Country)
- Adoption Certificate (along with a picture ID or a certification by a justice of the Peace)
- Dee Poll (along with Birth Certificate, picture ID or a certification by a justice of the Peace)
- Belizean Nationality Certificate
WHERE TO REGISTER
Visit the Registration Office of Elections and Boundaries Department in your area.
Fourteen District Offices Countrywide are manned by registration Officers.
Registration is Continuous and is conducted during normal workin hours.